We are submitting a proposal to DML2005 to lead a workshop on “Designing Your Personal Learning Trajectory.” This interactive workshop will explore issues related to supporting learners’ lifelong process of designing their own personal learning trajectory. We will use our web app ForAllLearners as an example of how technology can be designed to serve as a GPS for helping learners reflect on where they have been and plan for where they want to go. Some of the topics for discussion will include the following.
- What are some effective approaches that learners use in constructing their personal learning trajectory? What are some benefits and difficulties of these approaches?
- What are effective ways that the connected context of available learning opportunities can be presented to learners?
- What learning artifacts and reflections are helpful in supporting the planning and achievement of learner’s personal learning goals?
ForAllLearners is a tool we’ve been working on to support a learners’ own lifelong process of designing their personal learning trajectory.
Our current iteration of ForAllLearners has three essential components:
- the learner’s own pathway of learning experiences
- the learner’s reflections that capture their personal story at particular points in time
- the connected context of available learning opportunities
We are going to use DML2015 as a laboratory for experimenting with ForAllLearners and supporting attendee’s ongoing conference-long process of designing their personal learning trajectory. Attendee’s will be able to use ForAllLearners to:
Capture reflections and learning artifacts during your learning experiences
View your pathway of learning experiences at DML2015
We welcome all feedback and discussions around ForAllLearners and supporting learners.